text-align: center;Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker My eternal quest for a hobby: Roots of Empathy

My eternal quest for a hobby

Friday, November 17, 2006

Roots of Empathy

So friend Sue told me I should sign Ellis up for the Roots of Empathy program if I could, so I did. Today was our first day of school. We managed to make it out the door by 8:30 and got downtown (on the bus in the horrible rain) by 9ish. We were a tad early so we killed time by looking at kid art on the school walls. Ellis got welcomed into the grade 3 class by a welcome song (couldn't get it out of my head for a while, but now I've seem to have forgotten). He was placed on the Roots of Empathy mat and the kids got to ask questions - the boys seemed more interested! Ellis was well behaved, but no smiles - he lay on the mat, drooled and looked with great interest at all the little kids who were singing "twinkle, twinkle little star," and "OMC, we all are family" He didn't smile (I assured them that he wasn't much of a smiler - but that he was very happy to be there). Ellis stayed content the whole time (about 30 minutes) and then we left to the sounds of the good-bye song. I only had 4 refrains to get out of the room and as usual I had piles of crap to carry along - me, Ellis, bjorn, bjorn cover, umbrella, mits, jacket, bag... Fortunately, helper mom helped me. It was an interesting morning out - one month and we'll be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home