text-align: center;Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker My eternal quest for a hobby: Aunts and Ants

My eternal quest for a hobby

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Aunts and Ants


yay for Aunts that organize ski holidays and boo for ants that take over our apartment in the early spring. I noticed that I haven't posted for a while - felt a tad guilty about this after attending a blogging dinner last Thursday. I don't even work and can't manage a single blog post a week. Maybe it's the fact that I don't work that means that I have nothing to blog about - that's a sad state of affairs. We're up and down on the sleep front - Ellis was doing well but then I keep caving and nursing him to sleep - it's no wonder the little guy is confused about this sleep thing. I think he's also getting a ton of teeth - his entire upper gum seems to be one big bump. He's 7 months today and he has four teeth. He's been trying to crawl by balancing on his tummy and pumping his arms and legs (and barking like a seal) - not too effective. He then gets grumpy so mummy brings him his toy. He likes to stand a lot and I kinda wonder if he will skip the crawling stage. Today he discovered that he could propel himself backwards on the floor. I think I need to blog more - this is a disjointed ramble. I had another dream about work - my replacement quit and I had to go back to work right away - I hadn't done anything about daycare for Ellis - a bit too real. I didn't blog about the ski trip as we all decided there was no way we could forget it - the snow conditions that is. They were so bad that we will look back with fond memories about the fun we had trying to make it down the runs in one piece. Kinda like my one and only trip to New York - at the time I couldn't understand how people could live there, but now I look back on the trip as one of the most fun I'd ever had. Ah - reminds me of Pat's comment that having kids is like traveling to third world countries (I think I'm modifying). I think he actually said it's like going on a trip where everything seems to be a constant struggle and you're always scrambling to find a place to sleep, eat or transit out - it may seem like a bit of hell at the time, but when you look back on it, you wouldn't not have done it for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home