text-align: center;Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker My eternal quest for a hobby: We Don't Like Mondays

My eternal quest for a hobby

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

We Don't Like Mondays

I don't know how he knows, but little guy does not like Mondays. I guess he knows as daddy is not there and he is stuck with me all day. I'm not much for Mondays either - that's the day everyone is back to work and there is no one to play with. So, I did laundry for a while, got bored and racked my brain for something to do, which is when I remembered that it is storytime day at the VPL. Ellis had been screaming and I'd managed to get him calmed down with Mozart and swing (Mozart is amazing, although I could be wearing it out) so when I went to get him to go out he was asleep. I changed him (he slept) and we went out and got on the bus (he slept), got to the library, sat down with the other mommies and babies and watched the librarian do storytime (he slept). There were all these participating songs, hokey pokey, I'm Toast, hickory dickory dock etc and Ellis and I couldn't play as he was sleeping so I just sang along and felt like some kinda of poser who dragged in a doll just so she could join storytime. One mom pointed out that he could probably hear what was going on. I'm not so sure. It was a great storytime though - we'll be back. We left and he slept all the way home too. Of course he then woke up and wouldn't be put down for the rest of the day and night. He did get me to go out for another walk, which was a good thing as it was another gorgeous fall day and we collected some pretty fall leaves, which I note are a lovely shade of brown this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home