text-align: center;Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker My eternal quest for a hobby: The trip may be off...

My eternal quest for a hobby

Monday, April 02, 2007

The trip may be off...

For two reasons - we bought a house and can no longer afford to go away and because it turns out Ellis does not cope with change. Last night Ellis and I headed out to the fancy airport hotel to join Cyp who had a conference there. We were hanging out in the nice luxurious room (while Cyp networked - i.e. got plastered). I watched a little tv and Ellis drifted off quietly to sleep - ah, I thought to myself, he appreciates luxury and the lack of clutter and ants - no screaming. I had a bath, read my book and went back to the bedroom to crawl into bed when Ellis woke up. I thought I could just pat him a little - shh shh a little and he would gently drift back to sleep like before. Nope - he was in full scream mode. I turned on the light - his head was whipping around violently - what is that light! What is that tv! WHERE ARE WEEEEEEE??????I walked him around the room - we looked in the mirror, I sang the wheels of the bus, I sang the eensy weensy spider, I sang the grand old duke of york. I massaged, rocked, tried to nurse. Finally after half an hour I called Cyp - he walked in ten minutes later which caused a slight pause but then Ellis saw the bed. THIS IS NOT MY HOME!!! We had a bath - that was fun. We tried to go back to bed. THIS IS NOT MY BED!!!!!! We gave up and drove home at midnight. I was very sad. I was looking so forward to the hotel crappy coffee. We are now back in the realm of ants and clutter and Ellis is happy. He doesn't quite realize that his parents are not quite so fond of the little putud this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home