text-align: center;Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker My eternal quest for a hobby: Day 2 - and I've already run out of things to talk about...

My eternal quest for a hobby

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Day 2 - and I've already run out of things to talk about...

Day 2

Up at my sister's house - she's out of the city a bit which makes a nice weekend break.

Tried my hand at poker last night. She has friends over for a poker and whisky weekend, though I note that there wasn't a lot of whisky being consumed. The drink of choice appeared to be martinis.

So could gambling be my hobby? I don't think so - it contravenes the saving instinct I already have.

Some things I noted...

I like gambling - but only when I'm winning. So when I start out, I still believe that I going to make it big. This attitude seemed to work and I did start off winning. But then, I wanted to horde my winnings and my attitude changed with it. I stopped thinking I was going to win, all I could think about was that I was going to lose what I had gained and slowly I did and I got progressively more downcast.

I ended up about even, but resolved that I didn't want to play anymore as I didn't want to lose. I tried to look on it as "well, it was about 5 hours entertainment, so really, I'm just paying for that" (which is what the other losers were consoling themselves with) but it didn't really work. I'll see what happens if we play again tonight, which I'm reluctant to do at this point. Hmm.

Dragged my guitar along with me this weekend - still trying the music thing. Basically it's just looking at me and making me feel guilty at this point. Hmm.

Brought some books - teen books really - the Travelling Pants which seems to be in the stores right now. I really want to read them and that's what my passion seems to be about - but come on, reading is not a hobby (as stated in day 1).

Ok, seems like people are started to move about - looks like the day is starting, must stop writing.

Hungry - can eating be a hobby?

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger GT said...

Eating can be an excellent hobby. You can practice it many times a day. Though I am unsure about the consequences in the long run. Same can be said about gambling though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home